Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wives & Daughters

NR, 1999 (probably a PG)

Life changes drastically for the good-natured Molly Gibson (Justine Waddell) when her widowed father (Bill Paterson) decides to remarry, and a woman with her own set of rules (Francesca Annis) and a beautiful daughter (Keeley Hawes) becomes her stepmother. Award-winning screenwriter Andrew Davies (Bridget Jones's Diary) penned the script to this four-episode BBC miniseries based on Elizabeth Gaskell's unfinished novel.
I enjoyed watching this movie. My husband actually watched it with me and didn't seem to hate it. It reminded me a lot of Jane Austin's stories. Great movie when you have a lot of time.
I give it a 4 out 5.
..
..
Lon's Review:
..
Cheater!!! You can't cut and paste your review from Netflix! I'll do mine the old fashioned way... I like the movie. It was a total chick flick but after watching the Hornblower series I find some of these time period pieces pretty good. I did like that the main character was strong, honest and trustworthy even though she was a girl.... A good role model for my girls!
..
I'll give it a 4 out of 5

No comments:

background